We are seeking a Transportation Safety Manager for our client to be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining a transportation related safety program focused on providing direction to the fleet on DOT and FMCSA requirements.
As one of our consultants, you will have access to industry-leading benefits, including medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with match, long/short-term disability, pet insurance, career and holiday rewards, and more!
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and implement a variety of safety programs & goals to promote safe driving and work practice
- Roll out and management of camera system to all locations and partner companies
- Implement and maintain transportation safety strategies for territory into manageable policies and procedures to move the Company forward to continuous safety improvement
- Develop and implement standardized process for Driver Background Check, Pre-Employment Medical Screening & DOT Physicals, Random DOT Alcohol/Drug Screening (as needed), Previous Employer Release of Information, etc.
- Prepare and submit required Federal and State DOT Trucking Registrations, Licensing, & Compliance Reports.
- Conduct incident investigations, root-cause analysis, follow-up, and closure of action items, and leverage learning across organization for all vehicle accidents and or claims.
- Assess and investigate all reported collisions, hazards, near-miss, injury, illness, facility damage, or any incident that involves an employee, customer, or company property.
- Collaborate with field operations managers to ensure company health and safety policies and procedures are communicated and understood.
- Work with peers to advocate, participate, promote wellness and a safe work culture.
- Collaborate with internal departments to integrate safety strategies into all aspects of the business.
- B.S./B.A. degree with at least 3 years related experience in transportation safety, driver training or safety and health or 5+ years of direct transportation safety experience
- Familiarity with drive camera systems and coaching methods to ensure positive outcomes from flagged events
- Knowledge of DOT requirements for CMV drivers (FMCSA)
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Able to train and coach drivers and managers in Defensive Driving techniques
- Excellent customer service skills & composure under pressure situations
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of team members, managers, and directors.
- Must possess current, valid driver’s license
Catena Solutions specializes in supporting supply chain organizations with their business initiatives including digital, financial, human capital, and supply chain transformations. Our team of consultants have expertise in the areas of Change Management, Communications, Cost & Margin Optimization, Data Management/Visualization & Analysis, Organizational Design, Project Management, Total Rewards, and Workforce Planning. It is Catena Solutions’ practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available. Catena Solutions is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.