The Supply Chain Integration Director is responsible for managing a global team of Business Analysts and all support processes across Supply Chain Integration Services and will engage with various stakeholders and strategic vendors. Our client offers a robust benefits package, a diverse and collaborative work culture as well as extensive growth opportunities internally.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, actively contributes to the definition of the SCIS strategy and roadmap (services and people)
- Develops and implements production support methodologies, including Critical Incident Management Plan, with a ‘Follow-the-Sun’ approach involving SCIS Centers of Excellence, Global and Local IT teams, and strategic vendors
- Responsible for monitoring performance against SCIS and Vendors’ Service Level Agreements in each country, organize regular tactical and strategic vendor reviews, and developing/execution of communication plans for critical incidents
- Contributes to strategic partners reviews and prepares for contract negotiations
- Supports the definition of SCIS Business Continuity Plans embedded in local BCPs across multiple regions and leads BCP system evolutions with Global and Local IT stakeholders
- Manages overall business analysis, root-cause analysis & problem management services delivered to a key customer account. Supervise performance of support vendor(s) delivering level 1 and 2 support, in coordination with the internal Master Data Management (MDM) team
- Develops a training practice within SCIS to deliver continuous learning services to our supply chain organizations, and delivers new services supporting key operational processes in the countries
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 8+ years of related experience and 6+ years of supervisory experience.
- 3+ years of experience in production support in complex and international organizations
- Expertise in designing support, escalation workflows, business continuity plans and stakeholder management models
- Problem-solving aptitude with solid negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to listen and to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals and in presentations to groups
- Ability to display self-confidence while showing respect and support to others.
Catena Solutions specializes in supporting supply chain organizations with their business initiatives including digital, financial, human capital, and supply chain transformations. Our team of consultants have expertise in the areas of Change Management, Communications, Cost & Margin Optimization, Data Management/Visualization & Analysis, Organizational Design, Project Management, Total Rewards, and Workforce Planning. It is Catena Solutions’ practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available. Catena Solutions is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.