The Metallurgical Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes for welding wire Electrodes, Industrial wire, Bead wire, and supports operations to assure a quality product is produced in a timely manner. Our client offers a collaborative and supportive culture as well as an excellent benefits package.
- Assist Quality Assurance with maintaining quality levels of raw materials by writing material specifications.
- Design new cored wire products and redesign existing products as required by the needs of sales effort.
- Assist Production in resolving any problems which may occur with raw materials.
- Assist Quality Assurance and Sales to develop effective corrective actions for non-conforming material.
- Assist manufacturing with continuous improvement initiatives to increase productivity and lower production costs.
- Work with Operations and outside vendors to create methods/process to improve production capacities.
- Work closely with maintenance department to improve machine reliability, reduce downtime, and define equipment maintenance requirements.
- Assist with performing process failure mode effects analyses.
- Work with management to establish project timeliness, project justification, and budget forecasts.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science
- 4+ years of experience in metals industry conducting failure analysis of engineering components and process audits.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and ambitious individual that can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Catena Solutions specializes in supporting supply chain organizations with their business initiatives including digital, financial, human capital, and supply chain transformations. Our team of consultants have expertise in the areas of Change Management, Communications, Cost & Margin Optimization, Data Management/Visualization & Analysis, Organizational Design, Project Management, Total Rewards, and Workforce Planning. It is Catena Solutions’ practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available. Catena Solutions is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.