Transportation and Logistics Strategy
1 minute read
Seafood supplier and manufacturer
Despite being a large manufacturing company serving more than 200 customers across North America, the company was struggling to create a viable transportation strategy.
The company approached transportation in a transactional manner and lacked strategic relationships with carriers, direction for future planning, and the resources to create long-term value.
Additionally, the company was using spreadsheets for much of their data management, which created issues with data storage, quality, and organization.
Catena Solutions deployed a Senior Logistics and Transportation Executive to develop and execute a transportation and logistics strategy for the company.
We focused on:
- Helping build long-term carrier relationships
- Developing a routing guide and expanding the company’s carrier base
- Negotiating rates with carriers to deliver the best value
- Providing market insight so the company could optimize their rates
- Recommending adjustments for AP processes to prevent inaccurate payments
- Creating two routing guides for the Coordinating team
- Collaborating with Procurement to drive cost savings on raw materials shipments
- Recommending a transportation management system (TMS) to improve technology use, fix data issues, and track future savings
- Optimizing third-party storage to lower shipment costs
- Recommending a solution to better track overall freight cost
- 30-40% transportation cost savings depending on the shipping lane
- Optimization of overall carrier base
- Laid the groundwork for the company to build the transportation team and increase support
Facing any similar challenges? Contact us to discuss how Catena Solutions can help.